Slavic Community Meeting
December 6, 2012
Present: Lt. Larry Baird, Vadim Bezzubets, Tatyana Bondarchuk, Olga Kaganova, Irina Konev, Lt. Larry Graham, Diane Haman, Officer Natasha Haunsperger, Commander Mike Lee, Vladimir Lukyanov, Galina Nekrasova, Sergey Petukhov, Karina Rutova, Natayla Sabaletskaya,
Natasha Haunsperger opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending the first Slavic Advisory Community.
- Develop short and long term goals.
- Develop a mission statement.
- Set ground rules.
- Restore youth and promote successful stories for your youth.
- Structure should stay as it is for 6 months (Natasha Haunsperger being the facilitator). Will select a chair that will severe a term for one year.
- Need to collectively agree on what the issues are and then narrow it down to 2 or 3. Then work on ideas on how we can address these three problems and what resources we would use. Work on “community problem” not just individual problems.
- Send by e-mail to Natasha Haunsperger listing:
- Goals (short and long term)
- Ground rules
- Natasha Haunsperger will organize the goals and ground rules and have them as an agenda for the January meeting.
- Diane Haman will check and see if Chief Reese and Assistant Chief O’Dea are available to attend the next meeting, Thursday January 10th at 5:30.
- Midland Library does not have a meeting room available on January 10th. Members are okay with meetings being held at East Precinct.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Diane Haman, Portland Police Bureau