205.00, Correspondence Format
- Correspondence on Letterhead Form (Accessible on Intranet)
- Correspondence on Letterhead/Memorandum Form (Accessible on Intranet)
- Correspondence on Intra-Bureau Memorandum Form (Accessible on Intranet)
- Correspondence: A letter or memorandum issued by or on behalf of the Police Bureau. A letter is formal correspondence on official letterhead addressed to a person, agency, or business outside City government. A memorandum is formal correspondence on official letterhead modified by memorandum heading, which is addressed to an employee, unit, division, bureau, or office inside City government. An intra-Bureau memorandum is for less formal correspondence, which is addressed to an employee, unit, or division within the Police Bureau.
1. All correspondence must be authorized and reviewed through the chain of command for content and formatting (see Intranet for protocol forms).
2. If correspondence is to be signed by the Chief of Police, or an Assistant Chief, the Responsibility Unit Manager, or designee, must coordinate the finalization of the correspondence with Chief’s Office Executive Assistant(s).
3. As a form of public record, correspondence must be maintained in accordance with set retention schedules.
- Originating Directive Effective: 09/06/01
- First Revision Effective: 01/01/07
- Second Revision Effective: 06/30/15
- Next Review Date: 06/30/17
- Review By: Chief’s Office