PORTLAND PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST CENTER:
To submit a public records request or check the status of an existing public records request please visit the Portland Public Records Request Center at www.portlandoregon.gov/PRR
Please be advised that all public records requests require payment. Please see the City of Portland Fee Schedule.
WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO GET MY POLICE REPORT/RECORD?
As the result of an understaffed division, increased workload, financial restrictions, and the new Records Management System, the Police Bureau is currently experiencing a backlog of requests for public records. The processing time may take 6-8 weeks from when a public records request is received. If you have made your public records request online through the Portland Public Records Request Center, you may check the status of your request on the website. If you submitted a written public records request and it has been longer than 16 weeks, you may contact public records personnel at 503-823-0756.
Public interest and financial fee waivers will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. In most cases, the Police Bureau needs to recover the actual cost of providing records to offset the burden these requests place on the Police Bureau. Due to the division’s limited staffing, financial constraints, and the high volume of requests to the Police Bureau, fee waivers will be rarely granted but will be considered under special circumstances. Your fee waiver request will be reviewed based on the answers to the questions sent to you after you have submitted your public records request.
- Public Records at Central Precinct, 1111 SW 2nd Ave, on the 1st Floor.
- For questions about police records, contact the Records Division at 503-823-0043 (24 hours a day).
- Information on how to submit a public records request or get a copy of your police report, call the automated information line 503-823-0041.
- Questions or problems with the Portland Public Records Request Center website (online requests): 503-823-6040 / PRRHelp@portlandoregon.gov
- To send and receive your public records request by mail please use this form and mail your request along with a check or money order, in the appropriate amount made payable to: TREASURER, CITY OF PORTLAND
Portland Police Bureau
1111 SW 2nd Ave, Room 1126
Portland, Oregon 97204