Directive 310.00, Conduct, Professional
- Directive 344.00, Compliance with Human Resources Administrative Rules
- Police Bureau members, whether on duty or off duty, shall be governed by the reasonable rules of good conduct and behavior, and shall not commit any act tending to bring reproach or discredit upon the Police Bureau or the City of Portland.
2. Members will conduct themselves in a professional manner in the discharge of their duties and in relations with the public.
3. Every member will constantly strive to attain the highest professional standard of conduct.
4. Members shall not publicly criticize the Police Bureau, its policies, programs, actions, or members, or perform any acts, or make any written or oral statements which would impair or diminish the orderly and effective operations, supervision, or discipline of the Police Bureau.
5. Members shall not share information that is known to be false or disparaging about other members, community members, future policies or activities.
- Originating Directive Effective: 09/06/01
- First Revision Effective: 07/08/14
- Second Revision Effective: 12/11/15
- Next Review Date: 12/11/16
- Review By: Chief’s Office
PROVIDE FEEDBACK: Use this FORM