Hello. I’m Lieutenant Tina Jones, a public information officer for the Portland Police Bureau. This is a recap of the rally and march that occurred today, Friday September 20th, in downtown Portland.
Here are the highlights:
- Thousands of participants were involved in this peaceful march,
- The event organizers communicated with and cooperated with PPB throughout the event,
- Event peace keepers proactively addressed issues within the demonstration and notified PPB about potential problems,
- We appreciate the cooperation and collaboration with the event organizers to help facilitate a safe event for participants and the public,
- There were three arrests. One of the individuals arrested is an adult and the other two are juveniles. They are still being processed and updated information about their charges will be sent out via press release once it is available,
- Officers facilitated a safe march by closing select streets during the event. All streets have been re-opened.
This was a great example of a peaceful and safe demonstration, like the majority we experience in Portland. PPB appreciates the participants and organizers who helped keep this event safe and peaceful.