Update: Arrest Information for June 19th Demonstrations

Portland Police Badge
Portland Police Badge

June 20, 2020 19:43


*See below for information regarding arrests and detentions*

In coordination with the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, 6 adult subjects were arrested and booked.

The below individuals were booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center from the demonstration that began the evening of June 19, 2020 and continued into the morning of June 20, 2020:

*Jessica Janae Wieandt, 28-year-old, Reckless Endangering (10 counts), Criminal Mischief I
*Ariston Ronald Vallejos, 31-year-old, Reckless Endangering (10 counts), Criminal Mischief I
*Sarah M. Fulford, 24-year-old, Interfering with a Peace Officer
*Justin Adam Barnes, 33-year-old, Interfering with a Peace Officer
*Richard Andrew Blythe, 22-year-old, Disorderly Conduct II, Interfering with a Peace Officer
*Tyler Evan King, 23-year-old, Interfering with a Peace Officer, Disorderly Conduct


Multiple demonstrations occurred in Portland during the evening hours of June 19 through the early morning hours of June 20, 2020.

One group of several hundred demonstrators assembled at Revolution Hall. The group rallied for several hours and later dispersed.

A second group, between 200-300 demonstrators, gathered downtown near the Justice Center on Southwest 3rd Avenue between Southwest Main and Southwest Madison Street. The group blocked the street for nearly an hour. A man carrying a rifle was spotted in the crowd. Around 9:45 p.m., the group that had gathered outside the Justice Center began marching in a northeasterly direction towards the Morrison Bridge. Once mid-span on the Morrison Bridge, most of the demonstrators continued eastbound towards Revolution Hall, the rest of the group marched back to the Justice Center.

At 10 p.m., the group began forming around the Justice Center again. The group continued to block Southwest 3rd Avenue between Southwest Main and Southwest Madison Street. Demonstrators began throwing eggs and rocks the size of baseballs at the Justice Center doors. Officers learned a subject in the crowd used a slingshot to break out Justice Center windows. The subject was later located and arrested.

At 11 p.m., individuals continued to shake the fence and throw projectiles. This prompted a verbal warning from the sound truck. At least one demonstrator breached the fence used to protect the Justice Center. The sound truck gave admonishment warnings this event was an unlawful assembly and if the crowd did not disperse, force may be used. Officers began to disperse the crowd, moving demonstrators to the west.

Despite warnings from the sound truck, demonstrators continued to throw projectiles at officers. These items included more rocks, bottles and commercial grade fireworks. An officer was struck in the head by a mortar. Officers deployed crowd control munitions to disperse the crowd on the 500 block of Southwest Main Street.

For several hours, the demonstrators continued to march around Downtown Portland. Although the sound truck gave several admonishment warnings to leave the vicinity of the Justice Center, demonstrators returned to the area at 1 a.m., gathering on the 300 block of Southwest Main Street. Demonstrators rallied and blocked the area for several hours and most left by 3:00 a.m.

Information on arrests is still being compiled and an updated release will be published when this information becomes available. No CS gas was used by Portland Police Bureau members during this event.

Anyone with information about individuals who committed criminal activity at any event is asked to share that information with the Portland Police Bureau. Information can be sent via email to CrimeTips@portlandoregon.gov.



Media Relations:
Phone: 503-823-0830
1111 SW 2nd Ave
Portland, OR 97204


© OpenStreetMap contributors