The Coalition of Community Health Clinics (CCHC) has been a collaborative force not only for Safety Net Clinics, but also within the regional healthcare system community. Should disasters occur, our Safety Net Clinics will bring to bear their resources of medical staff, clinic infrastructure, and ability to communicate, care for, and engage our region's most medically vulnerable low-income populations.
CCHC's project will fund part of a position to achieve the following outputs/outcomes:
- Provide technical support to orient and help integrate new emergency coordinators into the regional emergency response system.
- List Serve Activity--Identify and notify clinics of relevant local/state trainings and exercises appropriate for Safety Net Clinic staff participation. Research and distribute information regarding webinars, sources of free preparedness materials and nationwide best practices.
- As a follow up to our previous project, we will work to implement findings from our after action report on Cascadia Rising.
- The CCHC will convene Safety Net Clinic Emergency Preparedness Planning representatives biannually to shape and finalize draft recommendations for the larger forum participants.
- Because of CCHC's unique role in the healthcare Safety-Net Clinic community, they are able to access decision-makers within the Safety Net Health Systems. They will utilize their access to keep decision-makers informed and raise visibility of the safety net system through strategic partnerships.