Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Office of Management & Finance

Revenue Division

Arts Tax: 503-865-4278

Business Taxes: 503-823-5157

111 SW Columbia St, Suite 600, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Subscribe to RSS feed

Most Recent

View Less

Programs We Support

Neighborhood Improvements

Residential streets, storm-water sewers and facilities, sidewalks, and speed bumps are some of the improvements we help finance and assess property for.

Local Improvement District Administrator


System Development Charges (SDC)

These are charges assessed for new facilities for accommodating growth. System Development Charges can be assessed to support streets, parks, water or sewer and storm-water facilities.

Transportation SDC, Parks SDC
Sewer SDC call Bureau of Environmental Services at (503) 823-7761

Water SDC call Portland Water Bureau at (503) 823-7368


Sidewalk Repairs

Property owners in the City of Portland are generally required to maintain the sidewalks abutting their property. When City sidewalk inspectors determine that repair work needs to be done, property owners have the option of having this work done by the City, and our office will provide long-term, low-interest financing for these repairs.

Sidewalk Program at Portland Bureau of Transportation


Code Enforcement and Nuisance Abatement

The Bureau of Development Services (BDS) enforces the City Code regarding building safety and maintenance issues. Our Office assess properties for violations and fines generated by their efforts, and collect these charges for code violations and nuisance abatement.

Note: You must contact the Bureau of Development Services to find out what the violations are against your property.

Bureau of Development Services/Housing and Nuisance Department