- Achieved one of the industry’s lowest water usage to beer ratio (3.5 gallons of water used to produce a gallon of beer), through water conservation and reuse,
- Field sales employees who drive their own vehicles are offered an incentive if their vehicle is fuel-efficient.
- Sustainability initiatives are promoted through placards in the brewery tour gallery.
- “Point of action” sustainability stickers remind employees to turn off equipment and lights.
- All glass waste from the bottling process is recycled just miles from the brewery into new glass bottles.
- Partners with local non-profit organizations such as Oregon SOLVE and Oregon Wild, and hosts community service events.
- Recycling rate of 99.5% achieved, including spent grains.
- Brewery is an EPA Green Power partner and the restaurant is certified by the Green Restaurant Association.
- Partner with Energy Trust of Oregon on energy efficiency around HVAC, compressed air, refrigeration and lighting.
Widmer's energy efficient T5 lighting.
929 N Russell St, Portland, OR 97227