Travel Portland is the official destination marketing organization for the Portland metropolitan region. Their mission is to strengthen the region’s economy by marketing the Portland area as a preferred destination for meetings, conventions and leisure travel.
- Travel Portland has hybrid company vehicles, provides pre-tax transit pass purchase for staff, and encourages bicycle commuting (they’ve earned a Bronze level Bicycle Friendly Business Award from the League of American Bicyclists.)
- Travel Portland encourages sustainability throughout their industry by providing a green business listing service and conducting green partner events to educate our partner businesses about sustainable practices and certifications.
- Travel Portland honors a business each year with a Green Award — in 2012, the award went to the NBC/Universal television series “Grimm,” which partnered with local vendors to make their production more sustainable.
- Travel Portland encourages visitors to travel sustainably, with tools like the “Green Guide” for meeting planners and the “Field Guide to Sustainable Travel.”
- Travel Portland participates in community service days each year, concentrating on social causes, like Toys for Tots, and environmental stewardship, such as removing invasive plant species and maintaining park trails.
- Travel Portland has a green purchasing policy which requires the use of recycled-content paper, environmentally friendly cleaning supplies, and the purchase of locally made, recycled/recyclable promotional items whenever possible.
- Travel Portland purchases 50% of its energy from Pacific Power’s Blue Sky renewable energy program.
100 SW Main St Suite 1100, Portland OR 97204