Procurement Services is the City of Portland agency responsible for soliciting, executing and tracking the City’s contracts. In Fiscal Year 2016-17 the value of awarded contracts managed by Procurement Services exceeded $460 million. Delivering the best value to our customers includes more than securing the lowest prices for services and commodities. The City of Portland recognizes that it is a major regional consumer entrusted to spend public monies in the most responsible manner and it must include social equity and economic and environmental stewardship into its contracting.
- Over fifteen consecutive years of recognition for the office’s sustainability practices.
- Office practices include extensive recycling, composting, duplex printing, electronic filing, using energy saving settings on electronic equipment, using reusable dishware, and purchasing paper and office products with recycled content.
- Works with vendors and City Bureaus to incorporate sustainability goals into City contracts. For example, in 2018 the City’s contract for office furniture contained a variety of sustainability mandates, including low-emitting furniture certification.
- A founding member of the national Sweatfree Purchasing Consortium, which assists member governments in meeting their goals for responsible sweatshop-free purchasing.
- Staff participate in a diverse array of community events, committees and organizations.
1120 SW 5th Ave Room 750, Portland, OR 97204