Founded in 1980, Murraysmith is a public infrastructure engineering firm serving communities in the Northwest. Murraysmith specializes in public infrastructure planning, design, and project delivery in the fields of water, wastewater, stormwater and transportation.
- Established a Corporate Social Responsibility Program to formalize policies and create a legacy of sustainability within the company.
- Subsidizes Tri-Met passes and provides sheltered bike parking.
- Incentivizes bike and walk commuting (employees who commute by bike or foot more than 50% of working days receive $50 each month).
- Pays employees to volunteer one day each year.
- Matches charitable contributions by employees up to $100 each year.
- Provides lunch for bi-monthly roundtable discussions on diversity and inclusion.
- Switched from individual trash bins to centralized trash and recycling stations, while also increasing recycling signage and monitoring.
- Maintains adopted green street facility (through the City of Portland’s Green Street Steward Program).
- Computers, monitors, printers, and copies are set to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Donates all unused electronics to Free Geek.
- Reusable dishes, flatwater, and drinkware are provided to reduce waste.
- Participates in the annual Bike More Challenge.
888 SW 5th Ave. #1170, Portland, OR 97204