At 154 years old, NW Natural carries on a long tradition of providing safe, reliable energy. A business that started with 49 customers in one square Portland mile now delivers natural gas to about 686,000 homes and businesses in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
NW Natural serves some of the region’s major employers and institutions – from garden nurseries to high tech firms to Portland Public Schools. It is also a major community resource, contributing to approximately 250 local organizations in 2012.
Environmental Stewardship is one of NW Natural’s Core Values. The company is proud to receive Sustainability at Work’s Gold Certification.
- Communicating sustainability best practices and commuting options to employees
- Using durable dishes, rather than disposables
- Donating electronic devices for reuse
- Recycling paper, metal, plastic and glass; and composting food items
- Programming thermostats to save energy
- Providing free transit passes
- Supporting a variety of community events
- Providing sheltered bike parking
- Offering employee education through monthly sustainability brown bags
- Off-setting 100% of their Natural Gas use via their Smart Energy program
- 100 fleet vehicles powered by natural gas
220 NW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97209