Founded in 1912 in Seattle, Perkins Coie has more than 850 lawyers in 19 offices across the United States and Asia. In 2012 Perkins Coie was Number 1 in Oregon Business magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon" in the large company category. Perkins Coie has made a firmwide commitment to sustainability, focusing its efforts on education, energy conservation, waste reduction and recycling, purchasing, and pollution prevention. The Portland office supports the firm's sustainability efforts while maintaining an active local sustainability committee and implementing sustainable practices in Oregon.
- Employee transportation benefits: Subsidized mass transit passes, free Zipcar membership, loaner bicycles and bike commuter subsidies, as well as changing rooms, lockers and showers.
- Waste reduction: Caterers follow waste reduction guidelines provided by the firm, composting since 2004, and excellent recycling practices.
- Community and pro-bono service: Local attorneys worked more than 2,750 pro bono hours, equaling more than $910,000 in legal services. In 2011, staff and attorneys also donated more than $75,500 to several local charities.
- Located in the Gold LEED‐certified Brewery Blocks and involved in building energy reduction efforts.
- Purchase renewable energy credits through Clean Wind Green Tags from PG&E.
1120 NW Couch St Fl 10, Portland, OR 97209