REACH’s mission is to provide quality, affordable housing for individuals, families and communities to thrive. Since 1982, REACH has pioneered affordable housing that address complex challenges facing communities. Thirty years later, their portfolio of 1,900 units includes new & renovated plexes, apartments and mixed-use developments across the Portland metro area. REACH strongly believes that livability and sustainability are closely aligned. By incorporating renewable, energy-efficient practices into their current and future affordable housing developments and into their administrative practices, they aim to promote greater environmental and social health for their community and the planet.
- Moved headquarters into a LEED Platinum certified building.
- Provide changing room, lockers, and showers to bike commuters.
- Provide sheltered bike parking.
- Reduced paper consumption company- wide 56% in two years.
Boast the largest eco-roof in the city of Portland on our Gray’s Landing rooftop.
- Transportation options are included on website.
Building generates solar hot water.
- Durable dishware is used.
- Electronic devices are donated for reuse or recycled.
- Developing the first multi-family project to meet Passive House standards at Orenco Station.
- Transportation subsidy for employees who bike, walk, ride the bus or other forms of public transportation.
- Battery, CFL, printer toner and small electronic recycling program. Employees may bring these items in from home to recycle them at work.
- Online tracking system for consumption and generation of energy across all REACH owned buildings.