In December 1997, the founding partners established Realty Trust Group in response to the growing trend in the real estate industry toward consolidation, a focus on transactions rather than relationships, and anonymous out-of-market corporate ownership. The partners of Realty Trust Group envisioned a real estate company that was owned locally, successful by the highest standards, and respected by clients and professional peers. For more than ten years, Realty Trust Group has defied the notion that bigger is better—aiming instead to provide a local real estate option dedicated to client service and intimate knowledge of the Portland market.
- Realty Trust Group was the first residential real estate brokerage in the country to measure its greenhouse gas emissions with third-party verification in 2009. After implementing a sustainability action plan in 2010, Realty Trust reduced its emissions by two tons of carbon—a 20% reduction in emissions.
- Realty Trust has a policy of reviewing each of its vendors to ensure that they operate with sustainable business practices.
- The majority of Realty Trust’s office supplies are 30% or more post-consumer recycled content.
- Approximately 90% of Realty Trust’s agents participate in DocuSign for paperless transactions.
- Realty Trust Group’s offices have held certificates for sustainability from a third party since 2008. (Recycle Works/Recycle at Work Certified in Portland and B.R.A.G. in Lake Oswego).
- Realty Trust has been the leading real estate brokerage in Earth Advantage certification with approximately two-thirds of its agents certified Earth Advantage Brokers.
- Realty Trust has been named one of Oregon Business Magazine’s 100 Best Green Companies to work for in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.