Opinion Dynamics (formerly Research Into Action) provides market research and evaluation services to clients in the clean technology sector (including energy, the built environment, and transportation). Their clients include utilities, government agencies, and nongovernmental organizations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
They received the 2016 Good Energy Award from Community Energy Project for volunteer efforts and monetary support. Oregon Business magazine named them “2nd Best Green Workplace in Oregon” in 2014, and they have consistently been ranked in the top eight for the past seven years. They also are on the list of “100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon” for the second year in a row. The Initiative for a Competitive Inner City recognized them as one of the “Inner City 100” fastest-growing firms in America’s inner cities in 2012 and 2013.
- Primary tenant in the Heritage Building, the first office building in Portland to earn a LEED® Gold rating.
- Their offices adhere to the building’s LEED design specifications.
- As a result of the office’s energy features and occupants’ use patterns, and as determined by the New Buildings Institute, they use just 3.4 kWh/square foot/month – about 71% less than code requires.
- Offers two different bonuses for employees that use sustainable alternatives for commuting to work: $100 per month (for up to 60 months) for the purchase or lease of a car that scores 50 points or better on the Greenercars.org list, or $4 per day bonuses for employees who utilize a sustainable commute method (such as carpooling, taking Tri-Met, biking, or walking).
- Green Team members replaced restroom paper towels with personal cloth hand towels, which Green Team members take turns laundering at home each weekend. Read more in Sustainability at Work's case study.
- For the 2012 Eco-Challenge, staff measured and monitored their waste stream, then implemented measures that increased the volume and weight of materials they compost or recycle by 75% and reduced their trash by the same amount.
- Their Green Team guides sustainability efforts and conducts frequent staff trainings about new resource conservation opportunities and practices.
- Their Green Team spearheads a building-wide effort to engage all building tenants in resource conservation and cleanup.
- Sustainable purchasing policy prioritizes products that support local manufacturers, contain used/repurposed or recycled content, are durable and recyclable, produce less waste and have minimal packaging.
- The company recycles 100% of its recyclable paper, food, plastic and metals through the City’s recycling system. Additional materials such as cork, Styrofoam, Tyvek, batteries, electronics, printer cartridges and light bulbs are taken to recycling depots.
- Staff are encouraged to bring extra recyclable materials they can’t put in their home curbside containers to the office.
- Employees receive free membership in car-sharing programs.
- 100% of the company’s work-related carbon emissions are offset through carbon offset and renewable energy credits from the Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF).
- Supports BEF’s program to restore water to critically de-watered streams.
3934 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Portland, OR 97212