SRG's commitment to making a better place can be seen in their design initiatives; sustainable strategies, research based design, and building performance.
- SRG has a green team focused on our awareness and participation in the best environmental practices out there. This group coordinates our educational resources, office practices and building project data.
- SRG has multiple research efforts underway that have partnered with the University of Oregon and Portland State University for sustainability research. The outcomes from this research will directly benefit our design of current and future building projects.
Carbon Neutral Operations
- SRG has purchased offsets for our operations each year for the last 5 years. To do so we measure the footprint of our business travel and office energy usage. We take into account the positive mileage from our staff walking and biking commutes and purchase the offsets from the local Bonneville Environmental Foundation that benefit projects in our Pacific Northwest region.
- SRG has received certification from the Portland Businesses for an Environmentally Sustainable Tomorrow (BEST) Climate Champions program for our office practices.
- SRG has received certification from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED Commercial Interiors program for our office renovation projects in both Portland and Seattle.
- SRG purchases office products with high recycled content from local sources.
- SRG provides reusable plates, silverware, and cups for employee use.
- Catered events are ordered family style to reduce packaging and utilize the office place settings.
- SRG has an expanded recycling plan that has achieved an 80% diversion rate and a goal of getting to 90% with our current efforts.
- We are in discussions with our Property Manager to provide composting so we can effectively eliminate all waste (100%).
- Our recycling effort is supported by biking our recyclables to the local recycling depot because we are collecting items beyond those picked up at the curb.
- SRG has received certification from the Portland Businesses for an Environmentally Sustainable Tomorrow (BEST) Recycle at Work program for our office practices.
- SRG has an office bike and multiple hybrid office cars for employee use.
- SRG provides all employees annual public transit passes.
SRG encourages participation in various commute challenges and tracks the mileage of those utilizing alternative transportation in our carbon emission calculations.
- SRG has recently completed onsite bike parking and assisted the Property Manager with the renovation of the building lobby to encourage bike transportation.
621 SW Morrison St Ste 200, Portland, OR 97205