Waterleaf can trace its roots in Portland to 1952 where over the years they have worked to create innovative, elegant design solutions. Waterleaf nurtures a culture of creativity that sustains balance in our environment and community. They collaborate to solve problems that reflect their clients’ and communities’ values. They are dedicated to making the world a better place.
- Purchasing policies focus on local resources with sustainable/recycled content. All paper products contain a minimum 30% post-consumer recycled content and all copy paper is 100% post-consumer recycled content.
- Paperless alternatives are used whenever possible. Paper printed on only one side is collected and repurposed into sketchbooks and scratch paper.
- Commute methods are measured and monitored with over half the office using public transit, car-pooling, and bike.
- Secure bicycle parking and showers are provided and participation in BTA’s Bike More Challenge is encouraged.
- TriMet passes are provided by the office for employee use for work-related trips.
- Hazardous waste such as batteries or electronics are collected and properly recycled. Unwanted usable materials are donated to SCRAP or similar organizations.
- Bicycle delivery services are used for local deliveries.
- Catered lunches are served family-style to reduce waste, and disposable paper products are discouraged.
- The office is located in the renovated historic Telegram Building and the large operable windows offer daylighting and natural ventilation, plus the use of daylight dimming and occupancy sensors reduce energy costs.
- Appliances are ENERGY STAR rated.
- Participates in Architects in Schools program, mentoring elementary school children.
- In-house Greening Group provides a forum for studying and promoting environmental practices in the firm.
- One third of employees hold LEED credentials with the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Employees are provided with continuing education for sustainability-related conferences, classes and lectures.
- Sit-stand desks encourage healthy movement throughout the day while working.
419 SW 11th Ave. Ste. 200, Portland, OR 97205