Trillium Family Services is Oregon’s largest provider of children’s mental and behavioral healthcare. It is rooted in the simple, yet crucial truth that mental health is an integral part of overall health and well-being. Trillium’s vision is to help children and their families learn the skills necessary to manage their mental health needs and become thriving members of society.
Nestled within the Portland Metro area, Trillium’s Parry Center 9-acre campus provides residential and intensive community-based mental health services to youth in crises, and employs a myriad of clinicians and staff who are innovative and compassionate about the community.
- New staff are given information about Trillium’s sustainability efforts, and are encouraged to become involved. This work is framed within the focus on Trauma-informed Care, and our commitment to social responsibility.
- Trillium’s Parry Center has developed a composting program for the kitchen and cafeteria, educating children and adolescents about the importance of composting.
- All residential clients have time in the therapeutic garden program, led by the campus Horticulturist. This program allows residents and staff to further nurture and protect their plant life, and they work with the garden and chickens to learn about food and where it comes from.
- The Parry Center campus has been recognized as a wildlife sanctuary, with food and protection for animals and birds on the verdant campus.
- Trillium’s Sustainability Committee organizes community electronics recycling events to properly dispose of outdated or broken items.
- Staff are encouraged to commute to work via walking, biking, or carpooling, and space is provided to allow staff to prepare for the day onsite if needed.
- The campus recycles paper, metal, plastics, and glass, and Facilities staff also make special runs to insure that batteries, florescent bulbs, and paints are recycled appropriately.
3415 SE Powell Blvd. Portland, Oregon 97202