Hawthorne Wellness Center offers a broad spectrum of integrated, evidence-based healthcare disciplines, as well as movement classes, to help the community get well, stay well, and be well.
Hawthorne Wellness Center currently offers acupuncture, chiropractic care, family medicine, massage therapy, and naturopathic care. A studio behind the clinic houses movement instructors in Pilates, yoga, and tai chi. Free off-street parking for both cars and bicycles is also available.
The healthcare providers and movement instructors at the Hawthorne Wellness Center are deeply concerned about the environment. They are committed to operating the facilities in ways that are sensitive to how they use and reuse resources.
- Stormwater management: The dry creek bed in the back garden acts as a bioswale. Most of the downspouts from the clinic and from the neighboring business have been disconnected, allowing the water to run into their parking lot. The runoff is then diverted into the creek bed during the rainy months and winds up in the catch-basin/pond area. The water runoff from both buildings and parking lots is absorbed in the garden and kept out of the sewer system.
- Electricity: Green Source, PGE's renewable energy program provides electricity that is 50 percent wind, 25 percent geothermal, and 25 percent low-impact hydroelectric from existing resources.
- Gas: Member of the Northwest Natural Smart Energy Circle which supports projects that prevent greenhouse gas emissions.
- Lighting: Most of the lights in the clinic are compact fluorescents. All outside lights automatically turn on when it gets dark and turn off when it gets light.
- Heating and cooling: Two old oil burners were replaced with brand new, high-efficiency natural gas furnaces. Both air conditioning units are high efficiency. In the studio, the heat pump is brand new and highly efficient. All heating and air conditioning units have new high-tech electrostatic air filters and thermostats.
- Appliances: Both the washer and drier are energy efficient and the front-loading washer is water efficient.
- Paper goods: Paper goods have 30% or greater post-consumer recycled content. A transition to Electronic Medical Records will result in a paperless office.
- Bike racks: Installed two in front of the building, one in the rear, and nine near the studio.
- Transportation Discounts: Instructors offer discounts to students who walk, bike, or bus to class.
3942 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214