Back in the days of wooden barges, Emery Zidell had a vision: use the recycled steel plate from scrapped ships to build a steel barge. Zidell went on to pioneer steel barge construction, including building some of the industry’s first double-hulled barges.
Fifty years and over 300 launches later, Zidell barges are known to be among the best-built on water, hauling sand and gravel, lumber, grain, chemicals, petroleum products and wood chips on oceans and river systems around the world.
In addition to the sale of custom-built barges, Zidell manages a diverse fleet for lease and charter.
- Printers are set to print double-sided and centralized printing is used.
- Electronic devices are regularly collected for reuse or recycling.
- Only durable dishware is used – no paper plates or plastic utensils in the lunchroom.
- Green cleaning products are used throughout the office.
- Collection bin for people to donate to SCRAP – employees are encouraged to bring items from home for donation.
- Use sustainable caterers for company events and luncheons.
3121 SW Moody Ave, Portland, OR 97239