Since 1999, Mirador Community Store has been a community resource for safe, quality products for the kitchen and home. Mirador was founded, and is still run, by Lynn and Steve Hanrahan, with the goal of personal and planetary sustainability in mind.
The belief that where one’s food comes from, how it’s prepared and who prepares it, is integral to health, dictated that the store emphasize: home food preparation, food preservation, healthy choices in product materials, and sustainably and locally produced products.
- Packing materials are reused and items with slight defects are given away.
- Mirador donates many items to community organizations.
- If a material cannot be re-used, it’s recycled or composted.
- Copy paper is 100% post consumer recycled and both sides of all paper is used before being recycled.
- Many items sold in the store are made from upcycled or recycled materials, and are often regionally made.
- Furniture for displaying merchandise is purchased second-hand.
- Staff use durable dishes and drink tap water.
- Lighting is energy efficient, indoors and outdoors.
- Bus lines serving Mirador are listed on the store website; covered bike parking is available to customers.
- Green cleaning products are used.
- Computers are set to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity and are turned off at night.
2106 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97202
View Larger Map