Information for your property manager or whomever contracts directly with a garbage and recycling company.
- Composting service for office spaces is often shared by multiple tenants in one building.
- Estimating your service needs and cost will require a conversation with all the potential participants, to determine how much food waste will be produced on a weekly basis. The property manager can facilitate this conversation with tenants and the garbage and recycling company.
- The City of Portland does not set garbage, recycling, or composting rates – businesses choose a garbage and recycling company to work with and negotiate the type and cost of service directly with the company.
- Businesses often find it helpful to request bids for the proposed composting service from their own garbage and recycling company, as well as a few others doing business in Portland.
- Garbage and recycling companies can help you estimate what service level – the size of your containers and number of times they're emptied – you will need. There is a service level for almost every situation.