Hitachi Consulting is the global Management Consulting and IT Services business of Hitachi Ltd., a global technology leader and a catalyst of sustainable societal change. In that same spirit—and building on its technology heritage—Hitachi Consulting is a catalyst of positive business change by delivering measurable, sustainable business results and a better consulting experience.
- Environmental Awareness Initiative (EAI): This volunteer group of consultants spans multiple offices throughout the US to share best practices and promote sustainable behavior in our offices, at the client site, and during travel. Volunteers assist in carbon accounting, conduct an annual sustainability survey, publish weekly green tips, educate on office recycling and composting, and highlight success stories on the company intranet.
- Partnership with New Avenues for Youth: Starting in Jan 2014, the Hitachi Consulting Portland office partnered with local non-profit New Avenues for Youth to benefit from fundraising efforts, volunteer hours, and pro-bono consulting.
- Greens of Hope: The Hitachi Consulting Portland office hosts an annual golf tournament each June. The event serves as an opportunity to refine marketing, event planning, and project management skills, but more importantly the proceeds of the tournament benefit New Avenues for Youth. As of 2014, Greens of Hope has raised over $70,000 for Oregon non-profits.
- Soap/Shampoo Drive: Staff traveling for work are encouraged to bring home extra toiletries from their hotel. Supplies are collected and donated to New Avenues for Youth.
- Community Service: Staff volunteer in the community several times per year. Past service projects include Habitat for Humanity, Zoo cleanup, and serving meals with New Avenues for Youth.
111 SW 5th Ave Ste 2730, Portland, OR 97204