Hennebery Eddy Architects is a Portland based architectural, interior design and planning firm with clients and projects throughout the Northwest. Their services include feasibility studies, master plans, and comprehensive architectural and interior design services that bring buildings and spaces to life.
Hennebery Eddy's sustainable design projects have been recognized through multiple awards programs, including the American Institute of Architects Committee on the Environment Top Ten Green Projects Award in 2012—one of the most meaningful sustainable design recognition programs in the nation.
- Office composting program was created after an office waste audit (which consisted of sifting through a week’s worth of trash—150 pounds) determined that composting could eliminate 32% of waste.
- Vendor food policy prohibits "box lunches" and encourages family-style meals. Paper plates and other disposable dishware are prohibited.
- Alternative transportation plan subsidizes the cost of public transportation for employees who regularly commute via mass transit, bike, or foot.
- Green Bag Lunch Series with 55 presentations in past seven years provides staff, as well as clients and consultants, an opportunity to learn and discuss new approaches to designing and measuring sustainable buildings.
- Hosted a 6 week in-house training/discussion course through the Northwest Earth Institute, Choices for Sustainable Living.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report.
- 100% of professional staff are LEED Professionals trained in sustainable design.
- Purchase 100% Green Power.
- Purchase FSC Certified, recycled printer paper.
- Certified LEED Gold for Commercial Interiors by the US Green Building Council.
- 97% of all waste created during the construction process was recycled or reused.
- 35% reduction in water usage for the office space and adjacent building restrooms.
- Daylight studies of the studio space showed that by reducing ambient light levels they could exceed energy code requirements by 51%.
- High efficiency LED task lights provide light where it's needed most, providing additional occupant control and energy savings.
- Added an 800 square feet bike room with bike storage, changing rooms, and a shower.
921 SW Washington St Ste 250, Portland, OR 97205