Hennebery Eddy Architects is an architecture, interior design and planning firm driven by the values of the Pacific Northwest: simplicity, efficiency and beauty. Among their 50+ staff are experts in passive design and historic rehabilitation. They aspire to design resilient, high-performance, net-positive spaces that positively reflect and respond to both the natural environment and the people who use them. Their designs are human-centric, feature simple and efficient systems, and support locally sourced and regionally significant materials. The result is a healthy, efficient, adaptive net-positive outcome for clients, users, and the planet.
- 100% of design staff are LEED professionals trained in net-positive design.
- Design studio, in the historic Pittock Block, is certified LEED Gold for commercial interiors
- Signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment and its goal of carbon-neutral buildings by the year 2030.
- “Just” organization with a social justice transparency label through the International Living Future Institute.
- Workplace highlights include on-site bike room and showers, office composting program, food vendor and dishware policy to reduce waste, office Zipcar and GoBox subscriptions, and participation in the NWEI EcoChallenge and Bike More Challenge.
- Work from a vetted library of non-toxic, regionally sourced, and ecologically transparent materials, with a focus on Red List compliance.
- Net-positive design services include full spectrum of historic restoration, energy and daylight modelling, securing energy incentives, and sustainable certification design/coordination (LEED, Living Building Challenge, PassiveHaus).
- Four 2030 Challenge Design Awards from AIA Portland and an AIA Committee on the Environment Top 10 Green Projects award.
921 SW Washington St Ste 250, Portland, OR 97205