The Freshwater Trust (TFT) is a group of problem solvers designing and implementing data-driven solutions that protect and restore America’s freshwater. Using science, technology, policy and finance, TFT builds and manages solutions that improve water quality and quantity. With data and 21st century tools and technologies, TFT enables smarter watershed management to happen faster and at a greater scale. TFT also employs solutions on the ground for the benefit of both watersheds and the plants, animals and people that rely on them.
- Incentives provided to staff using public transportation.
- Secure bicycle storage and changing rooms provided. Employees also compete in the annual BTA Bike Commute Challenge.
- Bottled water has been removed and replaced with filtered tap water.
- Low water flow kitchen and bathroom fixtures have been installed.
- Durable dishware is used to the maximum extent possible.
- A Green Team regularly works to improve sustainability throughout the organization and to communicate sustainable practices to the staff.
- Office designed to maximize natural light and desks constructed with reclaimed building materials.
- Employees use laptops that are over 50% more energy efficient than desktops.
- A Sustainability Policy guides the decision-making process for purchases and other actions.
- All electronic equipment, toners, and batteries are recycled.
- Teleconference and video conference meetings are used when possible to reduce the amount of travel. Meetings often use electronic solutions to minimize the need for printouts.
- Implemented a thorough invasive species policy that employees and contractors must follow in order to prevent the spread of noxious plant species on restoration sites.
700 SW Taylor Street, Suite 200, Portland, OR 97205