For more than 25 years, the K&L Gates Portland office has been serving clients with innovative legal solutions to business challenges. The firm and their lawyers are consistently recognized by Chambers USA and U.S. News - Best Lawyers® as leaders in areas including Antitrust, Corporate, Energy, and Environmental law. With its unparalleled global reach, the Portland office of K&L Gates offers a unique platform for their clients’ most complex international commercial and transactional matters.
- The Portland office has a Sustainability Committee and the firm has a Green Team, with one representative from each office implementing new sustainable practices on a regular basis.
- Copiers and most printers are set to print double-sided and use 100% post consumer recycled content copy paper.
- The firm offers recycling of non-curbside items such as writing utensils, plastic bags, Tyvek envelopes, cell phones, batteries, printer cartridges, and fluorescent bulbs. Employees are encouraged to bring these items from home to recycle at work.
- All computers, monitors and electronic gear are recycled or donated for reuse.
- Compost bins are set up in the lunchroom.
- Paperless alternatives are used whenever possible, including paperless paystubs.
- Durable dinnerware and flatware (no disposables) are used for lunches, events, and employee daily use.
- Filtered tap water is provided rather than bottled water.
- Office lighting is motion sensitive to turn on/turn off. Main hallways are on timers on weekends.
- Business travel is minimized by teleconferencing and video conferencing, whenever possible.
- Office participates in the annual Bike Commute Challenge and provides a bicycle tire repair kit for employee and visitor use.
One SW Columbia Street
Portland, OR 97258