GSI is a small, employee-owned water resources and environmental consulting firm. In 2014, it formed a Green Team to spearhead the development of a comprehensive sustainability program firm-wide. The Green Team examines the firm’s current practices and determines what can be done to become a more sustainably minded business.
- Instituted an extra recycling program to collect non-curbside recyclable plastics, Styrofoam, batteries and ink cartridges.
- All electronic devices are recycled or refurbished.
- Completely eliminated the use of disposable dishware.
- Four main office supplies (paper, binders, labels, and envelopes) contain at least 30% post-consumer recycled content.
- Secure bike parking is available at all office locations.
- A public transportation reimbursement program is offered to all employees.
- Videoconferencing is available at all offices to reduce travel.
- Low flow aerators have been installed on bathrooms and kitchen faucets.
- Host annual drives to support local non-profits.
- Participate in annual commuter challenges.
- Participate in annual EcoChallenge Event to educate and encourage staff to employ sustainable practices at work and at home.
- Instituted an employee-led composting program for employees to take home food waste from the office kitchens for their home composting.
55 SW Yamhill St. Ste 300 Portland, OR 97204