EnviroIssues engages the public and decision makers in conversations about public policy and environmental issues of importance to communities. The company’s work in public engagement, communications and facilitation bridges the gap between critical projects or decisions, the leaders charged with implementing them, and local communities in Portland and the Pacific Northwest. EnviroIssues is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) in the states of Washington and Oregon.
- Offers employees free transit passes.
- Participates in annual bike commute challenge competitions and conducts annual employee commute survey.
- Uses low-carbon options for travel to business meetings and for deliveries, whenever possible.
- Uses durable tableware and fabric hand towels.
- Uses a centralized printer and PIN printing software to avoid unnecessary prints.
- Sustainability Committee provides regular tips and updates on company sustainability initiatives.
- Recycles all computers, monitors and electronics.
- Recognizes individual achievements with a quarterly sustainability award, Stewart the Sustainability Salmon.