Founded in 2003, Peter Meijer Architect, PC (PMA) is a full service architecture, building envelope, and planning firm committed to the reuse and adaptability of existing architectural resources and the preservation of historic environments. Their team is composed of three architects, a preservation specialist, a preservation planner, and a marketing coordinator. PMA strives to bring modern sensibilities to our cultural heritage by focusing on the rehabilitation and reuse of existing buildings and the preservation of historic buildings and sites.
- Employees are encouraged to bike commute by providing indoor bike storage, a changing room with a shower, and complementary bike tune-ups twice a year for those who bike 50 percent or more of time.
- Bike pump, emergency tire repair kit, and spare lock available to staff and visitors.
- PMA supports employees’ volunteer work within the community. More than half of employees are involved in extracurricular volunteer work.
- Catering policy encourages family style meals and promotes use of durable dishware.
- Electronics are donated to a local organization for refurbishing and reuse in the community.
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures and faucet aerators are installed in bathrooms and kitchen.
- Purchase 100% recycled-content copy paper, envelopes, paper towels and tissues.
- Any paper printed single-sided is reused in company notebooks. Most documents are printed double-sided.
- PMA staff is committed to reducing waste by 50 percent through composting and recycling beyond curbside plastics.
- Participates in the annual Bike More Challenge.
- Staff receive subsidies for using public transportation.
- 50 percent of employees bike or use public transit daily and 33 percent drive fuel efficient/hybrid vehicles.
- Sun-shading and natural ventilation is utilized before using conditioned air.
605 NE 21st Avenue, Portland, OR 97232