GBD Architects is an interdisciplinary architecture, interior design and space planning firm dedicated to a sustainable built environment. Their staff of more than 80 are driven by a passion for creating beautiful, responsible spaces that respond to real human needs.
- Encourages alternative methods of commuting by providing transit passes to employees.
- An Active Transportation Incentive program supports employees who walk or bike a majority of the time with a significant monthly stipend.
- The Green Team meets monthly to work on everything from green cleaning products and recycling goals to employee education and the firm’s vision for the future.
- GBD offers a durable dishware program option for take-out food.
- GBD’s catering policy prioritizes a list of sustainable caterers and specifies that food be served family style with reusable tableware.
- To reduce paper consumption, each workstation is equipped with software that facilitates easy, electronic review of documents.
- GBD employs a full-time Sustainability Manager to research industry best-practices, attend conferences, and serve as an in-house information resource for staff.
- GBD has been an active contributor to the Kelly School pantry, with staff donating more than $50,000—several tons of food—to Portland families over the past ten years.
- GBD also actively participates in a yearly toy collection drive, and has provided more than 3,000 toys to children over the holidays since 2006.
GBD staff volunteering to clear ivy in Forest Park
GBD staff volunteering at Oregon Food Bank
1120 NW Couch St., Suite 300 Portland, OR 97209