Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to providing utility customers with low-cost, clean energy solutions. Their on-the-ground outreach, technical services, cash-back incentives and connections to local contractors have helped participating customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista save $2.7 billion on their energy bills.
- A company bicycle with helmet, lock and pump is available for employees to use during the day.
- Bicycle commuting is highly encouraged and Energy Trust participates annually in the Bike More Challenge. With more than 100 employees, ridership consistently averages more than 45% each year.
- All full-time staff receive TriMet passes.
- Reusable GO Box containers are available for staff to use for to-go meals, with tokens provided at no cost.
- Batteries and Styrofoam are recycled addition to standard recycling.
- All kitchen appliances including dishwashers, microwaves and refrigerators are ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Low-flow faucets, dual-flush toilets and waterless urinals are installed in bathrooms.
- Energy Trust’s green team hosts an annual Sustainability Fair open to all staff and building tenants with games and events that encourage sustainable practices at home and at work.
- Local volunteer events are organized throughout the year that range from food bank packing to street clean-ups to invasive ivy and weed removal.
- Energy Trust’s LEED Gold certified office features advanced lighting controls and daylighting technology, direct digital HVAC controls, as well as environmentally friendly materials like cork and recycled vinyl flooring.
421 SW Oak St. Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204