The Elephants central office is committed to getting work done with a sense of urgency, while having fun in the process. Since 1979, Elephants Delicatessen has been providing Portland with great local foods from scratch. As the Elephants team grows, so does their impact on our community. They value practices that reduce waste, conserve energy, and support other local businesses. People, planet, and profit are their measurements for success, and the team over at Elephants is always brainstorming ways to provide better services with a lower impact. They invite your participation and welcome your suggestions and feedback in an effort to continually strive for excellence, sustainability, and unity in our community and for our planet.
- All materials are printed on recycled copy paper, and only as needed
- A pioneering member of the Portland Composts! program, composting over 1000 pounds of food waste every week.
- All “beyond the curb” items are safely recycled: ink cartridges, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, Styrofoam, fluorescent lightbulbs, and batteries.
- Public transit passes are offered at a reduced price as an incentive to decrease emissions.
- Offer non-disposable flatware, and glassware to cut down on single use plastics.
- All Elephants locations participate in a commuter challenge yearly to promote bicycle transportation.
700 SE Clay St., Portland, OR 97214