KPFF is a multi-office, multi-disciplinary engineering firm. In Portland since 1974, KPFF’s wide range of civil engineering projects have successfully integrated sustainable strategies such as low-impact development, green streets, pervious pavement and rainwater harvesting. Solutions have been developed that challenge current code, pushing for acceptance of narrower streets and new green infrastructure standards in the Portland metro region. KPFF’s green team pushes initiatives to help staff reduce waste at the office and in business practices.
- KPFF implemented an Electronic Filing Initiative that has reduced the amount of paper purchased by over 45% each year.
- KPFF subsidizes Tri-Met and C-Tran transit passes and currently over 60% of staff bike, walk, or take transit to work in lieu of driving a car.
- Reusable dishes, flatware and drinkware are used to reduce kitchen waste.
- Any paper printed on only one side is recycled into notebooks.
- Bike lockers or secured parking is provided for bike commuters.
- Company bike and transit passes available for short trips to local meetings.
- KPFF is a regular competitor in the BTA’s annual Bike More Challenge, and typically a top 10 finisher in the 50-199 staff category.
111 SW 5th Ave Ste 2500, Portland, OR 97204