KPFF is a creative team that provides civil engineering, structural engineering, and surveying services. In Portland since 1974, KPFF’s civil engineering projects integrate sustainable strategies such as low-impact development, green streets facilities, and rainwater harvesting. Solutions continually challenge current code, pushing for acceptance of narrower streets and new green infrastructure standards in the Portland metro region. Surveyors use the latest technology (drones, 3D scanners, GIS) to reduce paper and promote collaboration. KPFF’s green team meets regularly and pushes initiatives to inform staff on small changes that can make big impacts at the office and at home.
- Implemented an Electronic Filing Initiative that has reduced the amount of paper purchased by over 60% in the past 5 years.
- An Active Transportation Policy subsidizes Tri-Met and C-Tran transit passes and currently over 65% of staff bike, walk, or take transit.
- KPFF is typically a top 10 finisher in the 50-199 staff category for the Street Trust’s annual Bike More Challenge.
- You won’t find paper or single use cups in the KPFF kitchen - reusable dishes, flatware and drinkware are the norm.
- KPFF’s catering guidelines prioritize sustainable caterers and low carbon, low waste options.
- KPFF actively participates in volunteer activities, including Oregon Food Bank donations and pack nights, serving meals at the Blanchet House, Holiday Adopt-a-Family, and providing pro-bono engineering services for non-profit projects.
111 SW 5th Ave Ste 2400, Portland, OR 97204