Established in 1947, Morrison Child and Family Services’ mission is to partner with families and communities to provide effective, responsive services for children and youth coping with adversity and trauma. Each year, they deliver specialized services to over 6,000 children, from birth through age 21, and families coping with abuse, neglect, domestic violence, drug and alcohol addiction, criminality, and other harmful stress factors.
- Established in 2011, Morrison’s Sustainability Committee works to extend the agency’s trauma-informed commitment to social responsibility to include the environment and future generations of Oregon’s children.
- Reusable dishware and filtered water dispensers are provided to reduce waste.
- Morrison has three therapeutic gardens which allow program participants and staff to enjoy calming green space and learn where food comes from.
- Morrison’s sustainable purchasing plan ensures that paper products include a minimum of post-consumer recycled content and priority is given to MWBE vendor partners.
- Basic mixed recycling is collected and Facilities staff ensure that batteries, florescent bulbs, and paints are recycled appropriately.
- Faucet aerators have been installed in the administrative building, reducing the water used by the approximately 200 people who utilize the building, and will be installed at other program sites.
11035 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland,OR 97220