Since 1982, The Joinery has handcrafted furniture in its Portland manufacturing facility operating under the highest environmental standards. Using sustainably harvested and local hardwoods, each piece of residential furniture is built – and signed – by an individual craftsperson and backed by a lifetime warranty.
- The overwhelming majority of The Joinery’s wood is either locally sourced from Oregon and Washington, FSC certified, or both.
- All scrap lumber is reused, and a dust collection system and briquette machine recycle sawdust into wood briquettes that are donated to the community.
- The Joinery’s delivery truck runs on biodiesel fuel.
- High-efficiency lighting is used throughout the Joinery’s facilities, which are powered by solar and wind energy.
- The Joinery has been a certified Certified B Corporation™ since 2010, and a three-time honoree on B Corp’s “Best for the Environment” list.
9175 N. Bradford, Portland, OR 97203