Green Drop Garage is an eco-friendly car repair shop in Portland, Oregon. Founded in 2009, Green Drop Garage offers everything from full service auto repair to car care classes and vegetable oil conversions. As a certified B-Corporation and EcoBiz, concern for the environment, customers and their community comes first at Green Drop Garage. Their mission is to bring significance to the car care experience by creating meaningful connections with their clients and to use business as a force for good.
- Recycle and reuse all oil from cars.
- Use low VOC chemicals.
- Harvest rain water to offset overall use.
- 100% Carbon offset through BEF.
- Paperless receipt option is offered and encouraged.
- Paperless system is used for payroll.
- Product packaging and shipping materials are reused, donated or recycled.
- Recycling bins are clearly labeled and regularly monitored, and education is provided when needed.
- Unused and/or outdated electronic devices are donated for reuse and properly recycled.
- Fluorescent tubes and compact fluorescent lightbulbs are safely stored and properly recycled.
- Potentially hazardous products such as paints, solvents and cleaners are safely stored and properly recycled.
- Green-certified cleaning products are used by staff.
- Cloth towel system used rather than paper towels.
- Employees are educated annually about sustainability practices.
- Alternative travel options are displayed on the company website for visitors.
- Secure bike parking is available for customers and employees.
- Bicycle tire repair kit, air pump and a spare lock are available for employees and visitors.
- Emergency ride vouchers or taxi reimbursements are available for employees who commute by foot, bike, transit or carpool.
- All electronic office equipment is set to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Maintenance checks are regularly conducted on HVAC and other energy-intensive equipment.
- Track and spot lighting use LEDs or CFLs.
- Only tap water is provided at our workplace.
- Faucets have a flow rate of .5 gallons per minute and toilets use less than 1.28 gallons per flush.
- A formal policy promotes contracting with women and minority-owned businesses.
- A social responsibility mission statement guides our work and is shared with the public.
- Employees are allowed and encouraged to volunteer in the community on paid work time and multiple employees serve a community leadership role.
- A charitable giving campaign and matching funds programs are in place to support charitable donations by employees.
5321 SE 28th Ave, Portland, OR 97202