Meals on Wheels People has been changing lives, one meal at a time, since 1970. They provide nutritious meals to older adults at dozens of meal sites in Multnomah, Washington and Clark counties, and Meals on Wheels delivery to homebound seniors. With the help of 5,500 volunteers, the nonprofit organization now serves 5,000 meals daily and 1.1 million meals each year.
- Replaced kitchen ovens and blast chillers with energy-efficient equipment.
- Installed window film to reduce heat in summer.
- Replace boiler with energy-efficient model.
- Shipping and receiving crates are re-usable plastic rather than cardboard.
- Motion light detectors installed in walk-in refrigerator.
7710 SW 31st Avenue, Portland OR 97219