Anchor QEA, an engineering and environmental consulting firm, specializes in solving complex water quality, contaminated sediments, water resources, shoreline, and construction project challenges. Engaging in responsible environmental practices is integral to Anchor QEA’s success. They believe in applying effective, sustainable solutions to their project work and everyday lives. Anchor QEA’s Sustainability Committee identifies and implements specific green initiatives to ensure productive action, internally and externally.
- Raises funds for local organizations through an annual March fundraising campaign and a corporate matching gift program.
- As part of an annual October volunteer service campaign, staff regularly participate in the Great Willamette River Cleanup, and volunteer at the Oregon Food Bank, Oregon Humane Society, and many other local organizations.
- Annually awards service travel grants for up to two employees per year for volunteer vacations supporting needs including water supply, wildlife preservation, habitat restoration, teaching, women’s organizations, and other initiatives.
- Office includes a sheltered, secure bike storage area, tune-up tools, tire pump, showers, and changing areas for bike commuters.
- Provides cloth hand towels and durable dishware to reduce use of disposable paper towels and single-use dishware.
- In addition to participating in the City of Portland’s standard recycling, the Portland Anchor QEA office composts food waste and recycles batteries, printer cartridges, and plastic bags
- Recycles or donates used electronics.
- Participates in annual bike commuter challenges.
- Offers public transportation reimbursement to all employees.
- Office paper supplies contain at least 30% post-consumer recycled content.
- Offers employees robust telecommunications capability to encourage phone and video conferencing to reduce the need for business travel.
6720 SW Macadam Ave Suite 125