Green Electronics Council (GEC) is a mission-driven 501c(4) non-profit that collaborates to achieve a world in which only sustainable IT products are designed, manufactured, and purchased. Founded initially to manage EPEAT, the leading global ecolabel for IT products, GEC helps both manufacturers and large-scale purchasers to understand the challenges facing sustainable IT, commit to address those challenges, and act to change internal operational, manufacturing and procurement behaviors.
- Established a Green Team in 2017.
- Adopted a bioswale through the City of Portland’s Green Street Stewards program.
- Participated in NW Earth Institute's EcoChallenge and The Street Trust’s Bike More Challenge.
- Over half of local office bikes to work.
- Paperless alternatives used for paystubs, invoicing, etc.
- Employees may volunteer in the community on paid work time.
- Uses only EPEAT-registered electronic products.
227 SW Pine St. Suite 300, Portland OR 97204