Grand Central Bakery ignited a bread revolution in 1989 by introducing rustic artisan loaves to Northwest tables. Values are at the heart of the bakery and sustainability touches every area of the company – from making food with the best local and sustainable ingredients and minimizing food waste to rewarding employees and investing in local communities.
A Certified B Corporation, Grand Central Bakery is part of a global movement of organizations using business as a force for good.
- Formed a companywide Green Team to address sustainability and waste stream issues as well as gather employee feedback for improvement of sustainability related improvements.
- Created sustainability orientation system for new hires, outlining our sustainability practices and waste reduction techniques.
- Ensured that all seafood purchased is Marine Stewardship Council certified.
- Installed automatic door closures and/or strip curtains on all walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Encouraged our website visitors to use alternative travel options to our location including linked access to TriMet Trip Planner.
- Implemented a “no-idling” policy for our deliveries.
714 N Fremont St., Portland, OR 97227