Parametrix is an employee-owned firm providing quality services in engineering, planning, and environmental sciences. Offices across the western United States employ nearly 500 professionals providing multi-disciplinary services in transportation, transit, bridges, natural resources, water, wastewater, GIS, and surveying.
Compassion, Collaboration, and Fun are core values at Parametrix. As owners in a 100-percent employee-owned firm, employees have a vested interest in exceptional client service, compassionate community engagement, and a culture of collaboration that empowers employees to search for innovative solutions.
Parametrix leases office space from American Assets Trust, who are dedicated to being a sustainable, conscientious steward of the Lloyd District. This ensures office building practices best reflect Parametrix's commitment to the environment.
Energy & Water
- A Natural Organic Recycling Machine for the building recycles all gray and black water, reducing water usage by 50%.
- One of the largest bike parking facilities in the country, with space for 900 bikes.
- Regular energy audits by a third party.
- Janitorial service uses green-certified products.
Waste Reduction & Office Supplies
- The office has a full set of recycling and composting options, in addition to special recycling drives for e-waste.
- All office dishware is reusable
- Local office supplies come from OPNW, a local business that supports eco‑friendly products and donates a percentage of profits to charity.
- Field teams incorporate electronic field notes/data through customized data collection apps whenever possible.
- A local, family-owned business supplies the office with plants; they also come in to care for the plants.
- Offer telecommuting/flex time options.
- Showers, lockers, and bike repair equipment are available for bike commuters.
- The Portland office is located in the Lloyd District, which is in close proximity to numerous transit options and provides free bike racks, lockers, and shower rooms to encourage active commuting.
Community & Employee Engagement
- Hosts an auction every year where employee-owners donate homemade gifts, trips, or services. All the proceeds go to United Way, with the company matching a portion of the donations.
- The Parametrix Volunteer Initiative promotes volunteer opportunities, tracks volunteering, and recognizes employee-owners who are making contributions to their communities through volunteering.
- Invite minority- and women-owned businesses to attend monthly marketing meetings to introduce their firm and services to staff.
- Staff participate in STEM and other events with local schools and colleges promoting the engineering field to students.
- Wellness Program offers cash incentives to staff for completing health, sustainability and community engagement activities.
- Employees are members of many sustainability-related organizations: National Association of Environmental Professionals, Audubon Society, The Climate Registry, Northwest Environmental Business Council, Oregon Wave Energy Trust, Urban Green Spaces Institute, and the American Planning Association.
700 NE Multnomah, Suite 1000, Portland, OR 97232