Cognitive Surplus is the premier source for science and math-based gifts, stationery and lifestyle goods. They celebrate the meeting of science and design by making scientifically accurate, well-designed products. They are committed to sustainability in all their actions – from the carbon footprint they leave, to the materials they use, to the employees they hire. They have been recognized for creating a diverse, inclusive working environment in which adults with disabilities can thrive.
- Partnered with Carbonfund.org to offset the carbon footprint for employee travel and commuting, product and freight shipping and 100% of utility and paper usage.
- Use cloth hand towels in kitchen and bathrooms and 100% recycled toilet paper.
- Implemented a policy of seeking out manufacturing partners with sustainable practices.
- Use recycled, upcycled and compostable packaging and void fill in shipments.
- Compost all food scraps and food-soiled paper in a vermicompost bin.
- Installed a water filtration system to eliminate plastic water bottles in the workplace.
- Installed LED lighting and low-flow water faucets.
- More than 75% of employees use public transport, bike and/or carpool to work.
- Kitchen is stocked only with reusable dishware and serving equipment.
Social chemistry glassware
6700 N New York Ave, Ste 300, Portland, OR 97203