Any given night, some 2,000 people sleep unsheltered in Portland – posing health and safety risks for those experiencing homelessness and the surrounding community.
The following web blogs seek to answer some of the most common questions HUCIRP receives regarding the City's response to unsheltered homelessness.
- Has the City considered placing dumpsters near encampments?
- When will the City restart campsite removals?
- Has the City considered alternative shelter models?
- How and when are social service outreach workers included in the response?
- Why continue to report campsites if the City does not do anything about it?
- Bathrooms save lives.
- Why doesn't the City provide more alternative safe spaces for individuals experiencing homelessness?
- Why does the City engage in campsite removals?
- Why we shouldn't use the 's' word
- Outdoor Emergency Shelters: Lessons Learned