Come join us in Bend, Oregon June 21-23 as Oregonians interested in Walk + Bike to School and Safe Routes issues come together for an event that will give you an opportunity to access training*, learn best practices, network with others working on these issues, and work with us to create a strong state network.
Dear Walk+Bike community and new friends,
Come join us in Bend, Oregon June 21-23 as Oregonians interested in Walk + Bike to School and Safe Routes issues come together for an event that will give you an opportunity to access training*, learn best practices, network with others working on these issues, and work with us to create a strong state network. You are all invited to the Second Annual Oregon Walk+Bike to School Retreat. Please forward this invitation to others who may be interested!
Please register by March 30th for the low price of $10/day (plus a $2 processing fee). Registration is limited to 100 participants due to space, so please register early to ensure your participation. Click HERE to register.
Here is some information to get you started:
- Cost for the retreat is just $10/day plus a $2 processing fee and includes printed material, trainings, networking, and light snacks.
- Travel and meals are not included but we are working to secure $75 reimbursement scholarships provided to approximately 30 attendees on a first come first serve basis. We will have more information in March.
- Professional Development Unit Certificates are available, check with your district to confirm requirements.
- If you are interested in carpooling or room sharing, please use the Walk+Bike Retreat Bulletin Board.
The basic agenda is:
- 9:00-11:00am: Bike Safety Educators Statewide Debrief. This event is happening in conjuncture with the Retreat and is open to Retreat Participants.
- 12:30-4:00pm: Part 1 of the Bike Safety Education Curriculum and Traffic Safety Training.
- 4:30-6:30pm: Welcome, networking, identifying and prioritizing goals exercise.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm: Trainings*
- 6:00-9:00pm: Networking Event
- 9:30-11:30: Walk+Bike Network Annual Meeting and Statewide Partnership discussion. Topics include setting goals for the next year, reviewing last year’s goals and progress.
- 12:30-2:00pm: World Café networking and brainstorming activity.
*Friday Trainings: (more information about trainings can be found at http://eugenesrts.org/orwalkbikeretreat)
Part 2: Bike Safety Education Curriculum and Traffic Safety
Neighborhood Navigators Curriculum: Environmental Education
Encouragement Event Panel Discussion
Fundraising and Action Plans
Advocating for your program
Walk+Bike Encouragement Events
We are working to get retreat participants discounts for restaurants and lodging. We will send more information to registrants as we get it nailed down! Thanks for your excitement and encouragement in getting this retreat off the ground. We hope to see you there!
LeeAnne Fergason, Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Kim Curley, Commute Options
Shane MacRhodes, Eugene Safe Routes to School
Lynne Mutrie, Oregon Safe Routes to School
Scott Bricker, Scott Bricker Consulting
Rachel Burdon, Kaiser Permanente
John Chism, Portland Safe Routes to School