Public Information Officer
For breaking news from Portland Bureau of Transportation see our Twitter feed: @PBOTinfo.
For breaking news on overall service disruptions in the Portland-Vancouver metro area, go to @publicalerts or see www.publicalerts.org
Look out for this unsavory
character cooking up
this savory treat.
The City of Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) wants to invite you to give bicycling during PDX Bike Month! So we're taking our annual Bike Month breakfast out to the streets. We'll be in every quadrant of the city (including the fifth quadrant) at least once this month to serve up a little coffee, nourishment, and encouragement.
First up? SE Lincoln Neighborhood Greenway breakfast, hosted by the venerable Jeff Smith. You don't want to miss this nosh spot because Jeff will be making his famous biker dish, Hens in a Nest. You can find Jeff on SE Lincoln, just west of Cesar Chavez Blvd (39th Ave) from 7:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
First breakfast is Tuesday at SE 39th/Lincoln
May Day is also the start to National Bike Month and Portland is jumping in with both feet.
Today a crack team of PBOT employees used their coffee break to keep some bike seats dry.
The primary goal of PDX Bike Month is to encourage people to dust off their bikes and to start riding. We're here to help if you need a bike route plan or want to order bike maps or how to guides.
Thanks to Metro and Drive Less Save More for providing the seat covers.
Two great things to celebrate this Sunday: the inaugural Sunday Parkways of the year and MOM! And do you know what Mom wants, more than flowers or candy or jewelery? She wants to spend time with you. (Come on, that was a gimme folks.)
The best thing about this coming Sunday is you can hang with Mom, enjoy car-free streets, and commemorate it all for FREE at the Kaiser Permanente Souveneir Photo Booth at Alberta Park. There are so many activities taking place during Sunday Parkways you and Mom are sure to find some fun bonding moments:
- Live music at Woodlawn Park
- Zumba classes at Alberta Park
- A guided walk and tea in park, specifically for mom.
- Food, fun, and activity all along the 8-mile route
Take a peak at the event flyer then plan to head out on Sunday (perhaps after brunch - some Mother's Day traditions are too delicious to pass up) from 11am - 4pm and enjoy Mom's Day with us!
So many great events are happening right now, I'm dizzy trying to keep up. Which is why I'm highlighting some of the great events coming up in the next few days. They are all FREE!
- Free breakfast. We held our second breakfast yesterday on NE Going St, inviting all of those hungry bike train riders to fuel up on their way down to school. Check the calendar for a breakfast near you - one every day next work week.
- BTA Service Station - Bike needing a little tune up? After work, stop by one of the BTA's free service stations to get your bike running smoother. Next one: Wednesday 5/16 at NE 9th and Going St, 4:30- 6:30 pm.
- Bike curious? We've got a fun, free, interactive class to help you explore your most comfortable bike commute. Wednesday 5/16 at Tabor Space (5441 SE Belmont), 6:30 - 8pm.
Bike Month: a collage
It's Mother's Day. It's gonna be 80+ degrees. It's gonna be awesome!
Come join 30,000 of your fellow Portland residents for a stroll or roll around our traffic-free 8 mile loop in Northeast Portland.
11am - 4pm. Click the flyer below for more information.
We'll see you there!!