Portland is reducing speed limits to 20 mph on residential streets
16 of Portland's highest-crash streets are receiving safety fixes in 2018.
Show your support for safe streets
A visual, interactive version of Portland's plan to achieve Vision Zero
Interactive map of Portland crashes resulting in serious injuries and deaths
FREE '20 is plenty' yard signs available
Share Portland's new residential speed limit, effective citywide by April 1, with a free yard sign (see graphic).
Pick-up times and locations (organized by date):
- Northeast: Saturday, Feb. 24, 9:30-2:30 p.m., inside Madison High School at the Fix-It Fair, 2735 NE 82nd
- Downtown: Feb. 26-Aug. 31, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., City of Portland Bureau of Transportation, Congress Center Building, 1001 SW 5th, Suite 500 (5th floor)
- East: Saturday, March 3, noon-4 p.m., parking lot of Midland Library, 805 SE 122nd
- Northeast: Sunday, March 4, noon-4 p.m., in front of Vernon Elementary School, 2044 NE Killingsworth St.
- East: Saturday, March 10, noon-4 p.m., parking lot of Zenger Farm, 11741 SE Foster
- North: Sunday, March 11, noon-4 p.m., in front of Boise-Eliot Elementary School, 620 N. Fremont St.
- North: Saturday, March 17, noon-4 p.m., in front of Rosa Parks Elementary School, 8960 N Woolsey Ave.
- Southeast: Sunday, March 18, noon-4 p.m., in front of Hosford Middle School, 2303 SE 28th Place
- Southeast: Saturday, March 24, noon - 4 p.m., in front of Lane Middle School, 7200 SE 60th Ave
- Southwest: Sunday, March 25, noon - 4 p.m., in front of Bridlemile Elementary School, 4300 SW 47th Drive
- Southwest: Saturday, March 31, noon-4 p.m., parking lot of Multnomah Arts Center, 7688 SW Capitol Hwy.
- Northwest: Saturday, April 7, noon - 4 p.m., in front of Chapman Elementary School, 1445 NW 26th Ave.
Portland is committed to ending traffic violence in our communities. Through the Vision Zero program, the City of Portland and our partners are working to eliminate deaths and serious injuries on our streets by 2025.
The next Vision Zero Task Force meeting is Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Portland City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue. All meetings are open to the public.
Questions or comments? Email us.
Three ways to get involved in Vision Zero
3. Sign up for occasional updates via email or text: