Celebrate New Year's Eve in Portland with free or discounted rides from local cab companies, TriMet, Portland Streetcar, and rideshare. MAX trains run until 3 a.m.
17 of Portland's highest-crash streets are receiving safety fixes in 2018.
A visual, interactive version of Portland's plan to achieve Vision Zero
Interactive map of Portland crashes resulting in serious injuries and deaths
Free and discounted rides this New Year’s Eve
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Portland with Safe Ride Home travel options:
Safe Ride Home is a partnership to prevent impaired driving. More than half of traffic deaths in Portland involve people traveling impaired.
$20 cab coupons will be available New Year’s Eve at many Old Town area venues. Must use Broadway Cab app (Android/iOS) for Broadway Cab discount. $10 rideshare discount will be available through Lyft and Uber apps.
Alcohol and drug impairment is a major contributor to death and injury on our streets. More than half of deadly crashes in Portland involve people who are intoxicated.
Vision Zero actions to prevent impaired driving include:
- Work with driver-for-hire services (including taxi cabs, transportation network companies and other private companies), transit providers and bar owners to develop a targeted DUII program in Portland’s entertainment district and other hotspots linked to DUII citations
- Allow pre-payment for morning parking in specified districts (in combination with Action I.1) to encourage impaired drivers to leave their cars overnight without concern of getting a parking ticket or being towed
- Secure funding to increase the number of police officers trained as Drug Recognition Experts
- Utilize marijuana or alcohol tax revenue to increase funding for DUII drug and mental health preventions and for treatment services
- Increase access and expand referrals to the DUII Intensive Supervision Program (DISP)
Portland is committed to ending traffic violence in our communities. Through the Vision Zero program, the City of Portland and our partners are working to eliminate deaths and serious injuries on our streets by 2025.
The next Vision Zero Task Force meeting is Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Portland City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue. All meetings are open to the public.
Questions or comments? Email us.
Three ways to get involved in Vision Zero
3. Sign up for occasional updates via email or text: