Downtown Traffic Impacts
Last Update: April 29th, 2016
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 2nd, Columbia-Jefferson: New construction at 218 SW Jefferson, 5/14/16-8/7/16, West side lane closure, 6am-4pm, Mon-Sat.
- SW 3rd & Taylor: Hotel construction closes sidewalks and parking and intermittent lane closures on the north side of Taylor and east side of 3rd. Projected project completion Oct 2016. Contact is Mortenson construction 971.202.4107
- NW 4th, Burnside, 5th: Remodel and new hotel construction on 1/2 block site. Sidewalks and parking removed, intermittent lane closures on NW 4th for concrete and crane work. Projected completion May 2017. Howard S Wright Constructors, Jamey Shaw at 503-220-0895.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 6th, Harrison, Broadway, Montgomery: PSU building remodel and addition, sidewalks and parking fenced. Intermittent street closures on SW Montgomery. Project contact is Skanska USA Building at 503-382-0900..
- NW 11th & Hoyt: 1/4 block project, demo and new construction. Projected completion October 2017. Bremik Construction, Todd Smith, 503-220-0895.
- SW 14th, 15th, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Intermittent lane closures. Projected project completion July 2016. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW Couch, 9th, Davis: 1/2 block demo and new construction. Sidewalks and parking closed, intermittent lane closures for concrete pours and utility connections. Projected completion July 2017. Walsh Construction, Nick Leeding at 503-222-4375.
- NW Davis, 1st, Couch, Naito: Demo of existing parking lot and new construction on 3/4 of the block. Sidewalks closed around site perimeter. Contact is Tom Hammons at Andersen Construction, 503-283-6712.
- SW Jefferson, 2nd, Columbia: New construction on a half-block site. Sidewalk and parking removal adjacent to site, intermittent lane closures on SW Jefferson during utility work and concrete pours.
- NW Naito, 9th-15th: East side lane and sidewalk closures during building.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th, NW Pettygrove, and NW Overton. Project completion date is Sept. 2016. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW 13th, 14th Quimby, Pettygrove: Closes traffic lanes, bike lanes and sidewalks during construction at 1420 NW 14th
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th.
- SW Moody, Abernethy, Bond: Project completion 2016. All Hours. Lanes and sidewalks. Fenced job site.
- SW Taylor, 15th-16th, Sidewalk closure & intermittent lane and street closures, Fenced job site.
- SW Washington, 4-5 and SW 4th, Alder-Washington: 2016 completetion, All Hours, Remodel of building.
- SW 15th and SW Morrison: New construction, sidewalk and parking closed adjacent to site, intermittent lane closure on SW 15th
- SW Curry, River Pkwy, Bond, & Whitaker: New construction, sidewalk, parking, and lanes closed adjacent to site at 3410 & 3485 SW Bond Ave
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts: .
- NW 1st, Flanders-Glisan: April 19th-May 15th, 7:30am-3:30pm, Lane closed for utility work
- SW 1st, Columbia-Salmon: April 28th-29th, 9am-3pm, Lane closed for utility work.
- SW 1st, Oak-Pine: April 29th-May 13th, 8am-3pm, Lane closed for utility work.
- SW 2nd Ave, Stark-Alder: April 12th-May 2nd, 6am-6pm, Lane closed for utility work
- SW 5th, Madison-Taylor: May 2nd-June 1st, 7pm-6am, Lane closed for utility work
- SW 6th, Hall-Montgomery: March 21st-May 20th, 11:30pm-4:30am, Lane intermittently closed for utility work
- NW 9th, Couch-Davis: March 24th-June 1st, West side lane closure 4/1-6/1, 7am-5pm AND sidewalk & parking closure, 3/24-6/1, all hours.
- NW 9th, Everett-Flanders: March 14th-June 1st, East side intermittent lane closure, Mon-Fri, 7am-4pm
- NW 9th & NW Couch: April 10th-May 28th, Utility work at this intersection
- NW 11th, Northrup-Overton: May 1st-May 14th, Lane closure, M-F, 7am-5:30pm
- SW 12th, Main-Salmon: April 6th-May 6th, 9am-3pm, 9am-3pm, Lane closure
- NW 13th, Johnson-Kearney: May 23rd-25th, 6am-6pm, Street & W/S sidewalk closure
- NW 13th, Pettygrove-Quimby: Feb 12th-May12th, 6am-6pm, Lane closed for concrete pour
- NW 14th, Pettygrove-Quimby: May 3rd, 6am-6pm, Lane closed for concrete pour
- SW Adler, 2nd-13th: May 2nd-May 7th, Lane closures, Various work hours, Mon-Sat.
- W Burnside, 4th-5th: April 21st - May 11th,, 7pm-6am, Lane closed for Demolition
- NW Couch, 2nd-Naito Pkwy: May 2nd-May 27th, Street closure, All hours/day
- NW Couch, 9th-10th: April 26th & April 29th, 9am-3pm, Street closure for concrete pour
- NW Davis, 4th-5th: March 14-June 1st, All Hours/Days, North side sidewalk & parking closure for interior demo.
- SW Harrison, 4th-5th: March 28-May 5th, 9am-3pm, Lane closed for utility work.
- SW Main, 5th-Broadway: May 2nd-May13th, Lane closure, for utility work
- SW Market, Naito-4th: April 6th-May 10th, 7am-3pm, Lane closed for utility work
- SW Market, Naito-3rd: April 28th-May 5th, 8am-5pm, Lane closed for utility work
- SW Naito Pkwy, Clay-Columbia: June 11th-12th, East side lane closure, 6am-5pm, Sat-Sun.
- SW Naito Pkwy, Pine-Salmon: Apr 28th-May 11th, E/S traffic lane & E/S bike lane, All Hours/Day EXCEPT 7am-9am AND 4pm-6pm
- NW Northrup, 14th-15th: April 25th-May 4th 7am-6pm, Lane closed for utility work, Mon-Fri.
- NW Quimby, 13th-14th: May 24th, lane closure, 6am-6pm
- NW Raleigh, 13th-14th: May 2nd-May 6th, Work in intersection, 7am-5pm, M-F
- SW Stark, Naito-5th: April 21st-May 2nd, 9am-3pm, Lane closed for utility work
- SW Taylor, 15th-16th: April 27th-April 29th, 7am-5pm, Street closure for concrete pumping
- SW Taylor, 16th-17th: April 15th-May 12th, 7am-5pm, Lane closed for machinery removal
- SW Washington, 1st-2nd: May 2nd-May 27th, All hours/days for light rail track replacement
- SW Washington, 3rd-5th: April 12th-May 2nd, 9am-4pm, Lane closure
- SW Washington, 5th-6th: April 12th-May 2nd, 9am-4pm, Lane closure
- SW Washington, 6th-Broadway, April 12th-May 2nd, 9am-4pm, Lane closure
- SW Washington, Broadway-Park, April 12th-May 2nd, 9am-4pm, Lane closure
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
Portland5's Centers for the Arts
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
- Schnitzer: Nothing scheduled
- Keller: Nothing scheduled
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
Click here for Community Event Calendar
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.