Downtown Traffic Impacts
Last Update: Feb. 4th, 2016
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 3rd & Taylor: Hotel construction closes sidewalks and parking and intermittent lane closures on the north side of Taylor and east side of 3rd. Projected project completion Oct 2016. Contact is Mortenson construction 971.202.4107
- NW 4th, Burnside, 5th: Remodel and new hotel construction on 1/2 block site. Sidewalks and parking removed, intermittent lane closures on NW 4th for concrete and crane work. Projected completion May 2017. Howard S Wright Constructors, Jamey Shaw at 503-220-0895.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 6th, Harrison, Broadway, Montgomery: building remodel and addition, sidewalks and parking fenced. Intermittent street closures on SW Montgomery. Projected completion date June 2016, project contact is Skanska USA Building at 503-382-0900.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Morrison: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Intermittent lane closures on SW Morrison for utility connections. Projected project completion January 2016.
- SW 9th Ave between Yamhill and Taylor: Full street closure Sept 23-Nov 19 for repairs to Director Park structure.
- NW 11th & Hoyt: 1/4 block project, demo and new construction. Projected completion October 2017. Bremik Construction, Todd Smith, 503-220-0895.
- SW 12th, 11th, Clay-Market: new 8 story building. Sidewalk, lane parking, closures.
- SW 14th, 15th, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Projected project completion July 2016. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalk and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- SW Broadway, Harrison-Montgomery: Sidewalk & parking closure during construction at 615 SW Harrison. Contact is Shane Naughton at 503-382-0900.
- NW Couch, 9th, Davis: 1/2 block demo and new construction. Sidewalks and parking closed, intermittent lane closures for concrete pours and utility connections. Projected completion July 2017. Walsh Construction, Nick Leeding at 503-222-4375.
- NW Davis, 1st, Couch, Naito: Demo of existing parking lot and new construction on 3/4 of the block. Sidewalks closed around site perimeter. Contact is Tom Hammons at Andersen Construction, 503-283-6712.
- SW Jefferson, 2nd, Columbia: New construction on a half-block site. Sidewalk and parking removal adjacent to site, intermittent lane closures on SW Jefferson during utility work and concrete pours.
- NW Naito, 9th-15th: East side lane and sidewalk closures during building.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th and NW Pettygrove. Project completion date is June 2016. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW 13th, 14th Quimby, Pettygrove: Closes traffic lanes, bike lanes and sidewalks during construction at 1420 NW 14th
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016.
- SW Moody, Abernethy, Bond: May 18 start. Project completion 2016. All Hours. Lanes and sidewalks. Fenced job site.
- SW Stark, 5th-6th: South side sidewalk closures during demo and TI. Fenced job site.
- SW Taylor, 15th-16th, Sidewalk closure & intermittent lane closures, Fenced job site.
- SW Washington, 4-5 and SW 4th, Alder-Washington: 2016 completetion, All Hours, Remodel of building.
- SW 15th and SW Morrison: New construction, sidewalk and parking closed adjacent to site, intermittent lane closure on SW 15th
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts: .
- SW 1st, Market-Harrison: Feb 19, 9am-3pm right lane closed for delivery
- NW 4th, Burnside-Couch: Feb 2nd-5th, 9am-3pm, lane closure for Utility work
- NW 4th, Burnside-Couch: Feb. 8th-10th, 8am-5pm. lane closed for gate assessment
- SW 4th, Jefferson-Madison: Jan 25th-Feb 5th, 8am-3pm, East side lane closure for Utility work
- SW 12th, Stark-Washington: Feb 8, 7:30am-3:30pm, right lane closed for utility work
- NW 14th, Irving-Johnson: Feb 4th-24th, 7am-4pm, lane intermittently closed for Utility work
- SW 15th, Taylor-Yamhill: Jan 7th - May 1st, 7am-5pm, West side lane closure
- SW 16th, Taylor-Yamhill: Jan 7th - May 29th, 7am-5pm, East side lane closure
- SW Alder, 6th-Broadway: Feb. 8th-9th, 7am-4pm, Lane closure for Utility work
- SW Broadway, Columbia-Jefferson: Feb. 2nd-5th, 9am-3pm, Lane closure for utility work
- W Burnside, 4th-5th, Feb 2nd - Feb 5th, 7am-4pm, Lane closure for utility work.
- NW Flanders, 9th-Park, Feb 1-Feb 12, 7am-5pn, Lane closure for utility work
- SW Jefferson, 1st - 2nd, Feb 2 - Feb 12, Lane closed for utility connections
- SW Jefferson, Broadway-Park, Feb 8th - Feb 12th, Lane closure for utility connection
- SW Madison, 4th-6th: Jan 25th-Feb 10th, 8am-3pm, South side lanes closed for Utility work
- NW Naito, Ironside Terrace-Steel Bridge: Jan 4-Feb 5, 9am-3pm Mon-Fri, southbound lane shift during gas main repair
- SW Naito, Salmon-Madison: Feb 13th, 7am-1pm, Bike lane, travel lane, sidewalk & parking closures for crane lift.
- SW Oak, 10th-Park: Jan 15th - Feb 5th, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri, Utility work.
- NW Overton, 10th-11th: Feb. 5th-7th, Street closed all hours for a large crane lift
- NW Overton, 10th-11th: Feb 8th-Feb 12th, 7am-6pm, Mon-Fri, Utility work
- NW Overton, 12th-13th: Feb 8th-Feb 10th, 7am-6pm, Mon-Wed, Street closure for utility work.
- NW Overton, 12th-13th: Feb 15th-Feb 26th, Mon-Fri, 7am-5pm, Lane closure & parking for crane dismantle.
- NW Quimby, 13th-14th: Feb. 4th, 6am-6pm, lane closed for Concrete pour
- SW Taylor, 15th-16th: Oct 19-Feb 4, 7am-7pm: Intermittent right lane closures during equipment removal
- SW Taylor, 16th-17th: Jan.15- Feb 4, 7am-5pm, North side lane closure for equipment removal
- SW Washington, 4th-5th, Feb 8th-Feb 19th, 9am-3pm, Lane closure for utility work.
- SW Yamhill, 11th-12th: Feb 9th, 9am-3pm, Street & south side sidewalk closure for crane lift
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
Portland5's Centers for the Arts
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
- Schnitzer: Nothing scheduled
- Keller: Nothing scheduled
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Click here for Community Event Calendar
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.