The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) has developed an implementation strategy for active transportation projects east of 82nd Avenue. Over the year from November, 2010 to November, 2011, we gathered information from the East Portland community and analyzed project data to develop recommendations about which projects to build first to improve conditions for walking, biking, and taking transit. In the fall of 2011, we asked the community to comment on the draft strategy and we incorporated your ideas.
City Council adopted the strategy on April 18, 2012!
5-Year Status Update (Fall 2017)
- In July 2017, the Oregon State Legislature allocated $110 Million towards the completion of Outer Powell Blvd as a part of the State Transportation Funding Bill. Outer Powell was included in EPIM. It is the #1 transportation priority for EPAP.
- Therefore, the City and agency partners now have allocated over $200 million to EPIM implementation.
- PBOT staff is currently working on a more complete EPIM implementation status update, similar to the one below.
4-Year Status Update (Fall 2016)
PBOT staff conducts a status update on EPIM implementation. This status report is updated periodically. It was last updated in Fall 2016 to reflect recent funding awards. Here is a summary of the findings:
- The City and agency partners has allocated over $90 million to EPIM implementation between 2012 and 2019.
- This amount includes roughly $25 Million in funding secured by Representative Shemia Fagan and the East Portland delegation for SE 136th Ave, Outer Powell Blvd and crossing safety improvements throughout East Portland.
- Well over half of the EPIM projects will be completed, in design or funded for implementation by 2019.
- Over 8 miles of sidewalk have been built.
- 36 enhanced crossings have been completed.
- Nearly 9 miles of neighborhood greenways have been established.
- More sidewalks, crossings and neighborhood greenways are funded and on the way.
View a map of completed and funded projects.
For More Information
Contact April Bertelsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-823-6177